Welcome to the Matricom Forums! This is a user based interaction forum that is not for official customer support. If you need direct assistance with any Matricom product, please email our support staff at support@matricom.net.

If there is any posts on Signal theft they will be deleted. If users see any posts like this please report them. Thank you!

Matricom G-Tab Quantum firmware update?

Moderator: Global Moderator

Forum rules
When you post your topic please start your subject with whatever tablet you are using. For example...
[Quantum] or [Iota] ect...

If you need direct assistance from Matricom Technical Support you can e-mail a support agent directly via the e-mail support@matricom.net
ctiegles

Matricom G-Tab Quantum firmware update?

Postby ctiegles » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:28 pm

Hi,
I'm new to the forum, so Hello everyone. :) I have a G-Tab with Jellybean version. I am wondering if you can update it to the Lollipop version or if there have been any updates available for it. Any info or cool modifications I can make to it from the factory version would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
carthell

Re: Matricom G-Tab Quantum firmware update?

Postby carthell » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:54 am

Matricom doesn't support the Quantum G-tab device anymore, so upgrading the device would be difficult. Android is given to the hardware makers for modification and installation. I've done as much research as I can, and have yet to find out whether the copy of KitKat that runs on the tablets is run on more popular hardware.

What you can do, if you're brave enough, is to download the ROM from Matricom, put it aside, get a copy of a Cyanogenmod ROM that runs on an Allwinner A31 CPU, and install it either via the microSD card slot or ADB sideload (hold volume button, power on tablet).
Jensen77

Re: Matricom G-Tab Quantum firmware update?

Postby Jensen77 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:40 am

good With this Kodi setup guide you will understand how Kodi for PC in addition to the huge visibility of this OS among nice.

Return to “Quantum/Iota Discussions”