Flymote power off GBoxQ

A board for discussing the G-Mouse Flymote.

Moderators: Matricom Guru, Global Moderator

Forum rules
If you need direct assistance from Matricom Technical Support you can e-mail a support agent directly via the e-mail support@matricom.net
snapcase303

Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:49 pm

For some reason i cannot get the flymote to power off the GBox Q. All of the other buttons work on the remote but the power button does not.

bobinh2otown

Wed May 27, 2015 9:47 am

Had the same issue call tech support and ask them for a RMA..

Sincere

Fri May 29, 2015 10:57 am

I had the same issue, you have to program it. It has IR learning for the power button.

nash211

Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:46 pm

How exactly do you program it ir learning

crunch
Baby Member
Baby Member

Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:56 pm

I believe the problem with the Flymote is a design flaw using a low output IR (Infared led) for the power button function only and 2.4gh wireless remote for all other functions.

I have tried 2 Flymotes and both when it comes to the power button do not work as they should. You have to be 2 feet in front of the G Box Q in order for the power button to work. I believe the IR (Infrared) LED output is very week in the Flymote.

How did I come about this was with a few simple tests you can try yourself.

Test 1
The stock remote and all of its functions work 100% as a IR remote. To prove this cover the front of the remote with your hand which will block all IR signals and press a few of the buttons you will find none of functions will work.

Test 2
Take the Flymote and hold it 1 foot in front of the G Box and press the power button it should work.

Test 3
Take the Flymote stand back 10 feet and cover the front of the remote and press the power button nothing will happen because you are blocking the IR signal now press any of the other function keys and they will work even with your hand in the way because all other functions work via the 2.4gh wireless connectivity.

Matricom please answer the following Questions

(1) Why does the Flymote design not include the power button as a 2.4gh wireless function?

(2) If an IR LED is needed for flexibility between different models why not install a stronger IR led in the remote like the basic stock remote control?

nash211

Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:02 pm

Yes bought mine off Kijji from a neighbouring town, only have a paypal receipt, Matricom will not accept just the Paypal receipt, so now I have a 40.00 remote that is useless, will not turn off the g box and mouse is all over the place. I am pleased with the box but not with the remote or the customer service in this case.

Rocksterh8
Baby Member
Baby Member

Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:52 am

nash211 wrote:Yes bought mine off Kijji from a neighbouring town, only have a paypal receipt, Matricom will not accept just the Paypal receipt, so now I have a 40.00 remote that is useless, will not turn off the g box and mouse is all over the place. I am pleased with the box but not with the remote or the customer service in this case.
This is the risk you take not buying from a reputable dealer.

Sincere

Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:02 pm

The matricom wiki shows you how to use the IR learning function https://wiki.matricom.net/i/G-Mouse_Flymote

nash211

Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:06 am

Yes it was a reputable dealer has a store in the neighbouring town, I only bought it from KIJJI because did not want to drive 2 hours. Anyways still a piece of junk, press a letter you get 10 of the same, mouse is a bit better. Remote will still will not shut off the device. Tried the learning thing will not learn, I will just toss it and order something different, the g box works fine.

crunch
Baby Member
Baby Member

Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:19 am

Nash

After programing the fly mote power button
Did you try the remote power on off holding the remote about 2 feet from the front of the g box?

The range of the power button on the fly mote remote is a very short distance and will not work at the distance of the standard remote that comes with it

crunch
Baby Member
Baby Member

Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:53 pm

I have had the flymote replaced 3 times and each remote failed to perform as you would expect. The Flymote power button issue is known by Matricom and there is NO FIX for it.

nash211

Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:36 am

acp63 wrote:Nash

After programing the fly mote power button
Did you try the remote power on off holding the remote about 2 feet from the front of the g box?

The range of the power button on the fly mote remote is a very short distance and will not work at the distance of the standard remote that comes with it

Yes I tried that ( 2 feet away ) and no it does not work, wasted 40.00, wasted worse on booze I guess, but at least I got something from the Booze LOL

• Information