Q BOX Tips and Tweaks

This forum is used to discuss the G-PAD Q

Moderators: Matricom Guru, Global Moderator

Forum rules
If you need direct assistance from Matricom Technical Support you can e-mail a support agent directly via the e-mail support@matricom.net
Foodog

Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:45 pm

mattidog66 wrote:I agree with Carter,SilenceRom Wizard is the best setup!!
The SilenceRom, Beast are probably the most complex wizards built so far. There are several more less complex like Husham, Wookie, ChrisBwizard, others , Anyone who is new to all this needs to get one of these, put it on a pc or tablet, notebook, not on the main system yet. Now start poking around, move something you don't like on the home page, now can you bring it back? These wizards are not rocket science, anyone with a little time, patience and willingness to make mistakes will find these the best classroom you could possible join! They work on the Q, a windows PC with Kodi, a PC with Openelec, any android product using Codi and in many cases Openelec. They all seem to have some quirks, I would certainly get rid of with the possible exception of the wizard put together by East Coast gBox, In addition to attractive graphics, the selections I've seen on the submenu's are logically placed, Something some of the others forgot about!!

Just my opinion......

F@@dog

Foodog

Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:51 pm

See what happens when you don't proof read, twice? Did anyone catch that "C" that does not belong?

My shame.... :'(

AL82782

Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:58 pm

Foodog wrote:
mattidog66 wrote:I agree with Carter,SilenceRom Wizard is the best setup!!
The SilenceRom, Beast are probably the most complex wizards built so far. There are several more less complex like Husham, Wookie, ChrisBwizard, others , Anyone who is new to all this needs to get one of these, put it on a pc or tablet, notebook, not on the main system yet. Now start poking around, move something you don't like on the home page, now can you bring it back? These wizards are not rocket science, anyone with a little time, patience and willingness to make mistakes will find these the best classroom you could possible join! They work on the Q, a windows PC with Kodi, a PC with Openelec, any android product using Codi and in many cases Openelec. They all seem to have some quirks, I would certainly get rid of with the possible exception of the wizard put together by East Coast gBox, In addition to attractive graphics, the selections I've seen on the submenu's are logically placed, Something some of the others forgot about!!

Just my opinion......

F@@dog
Thank You for the comments, I really appreciate that.

Paparon60

Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:34 pm

bmc08gt wrote:
voondabar wrote:3 Questions: 1. Is the box set up to receive OTA updates from the get go this time? 2. How can we gain root access since I have heard is will not come pre-rooted this time around? 3. Would there be any benefit using the non-stable/Alpha custom H/W accelerated Kodi that comes on the unit versus SPMC found in the play store that is using a stable XBMC with H/W acceleration?
1) Yes. Also the updater, will be updatable via the Play store soon, once the redesign/recreate is complete
2) Up to the community to find an exploit ;)
3) Our MediaCenter is currently based off of beta3 of kodi (there is a version check popup message that claims it's alpha3, that's not the case however). Our MediaCenter is developed tailored to Amlogic devices, specifically our S802 - the G-Box Q. Our MediaCenter also will be going live on the play store soon

Paparon60

Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:56 pm

i have abour 10 questions about g box q and cant find the answer to even one of these on this so called information website, is there not a better place to obtain information about Matricom products and how to use them???? some cheat sheets for beginners like me??? i have spent hours working and reading about this unit i, in 2 months have watched about 10 videos, i have 3 rokus and have execelent performance from them. bout a new router, changed my ISP.. help please send me some links hours and hours have been wasted,,thx.. paparon60

AL82782

Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:43 pm

Paparon60 wrote:i have abour 10 questions about g box q and cant find the answer to even one of these on this so called information website, is there not a better place to obtain information about Matricom products and how to use them???? some cheat sheets for beginners like me??? i have spent hours working and reading about this unit i, in 2 months have watched about 10 videos, i have 3 rokus and have execelent performance from them. bout a new router, changed my ISP.. help please send me some links hours and hours have been wasted,,thx.. paparon60
No one can answer your question if we don't know what they are.

Neal

Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:56 pm

Paparon60 wrote:i have abour 10 questions about g box q and cant find the answer to even one of these on this so called information website, is there not a better place to obtain information about Matricom products and how to use them???? some cheat sheets for beginners like me??? i have spent hours working and reading about this unit i, in 2 months have watched about 10 videos, i have 3 rokus and have execelent performance from them. bout a new router, changed my ISP.. help please send me some links hours and hours have been wasted,,thx.. paparon60
Hey, ask.

workingjohn

Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:41 am

The quick answer is, first spend time watching YouTube articles. There are dozens and dozens of how-to's. Use stop-rewind-replay to go over it until you understand it. I learned a lot doing that.

Second, go to Matricom ' Support page if you have a technical problem. I found they are more helpful than reading the manual that comes preloaded on the Q

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Tahman

Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:00 pm

workingjohn wrote:The quick answer is, first spend time watching YouTube articles. There are dozens and dozens of how-to's. Use stop-rewind-replay to go over it until you understand it. I learned a lot doing that.

Second, go to Matricom ' Support page if you have a technical problem. I found they are more helpful than reading the manual that comes preloaded on the Q

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Congratulations for having given simple, pragmatic guidance.

DonenDone21

Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:42 pm

I'm new to this box that I bought with very little research. I also bought a Blaze Key. My question is simple. I'd like to know more movie apps. I currently only have Show Box and I have yet to watch a movie in anything higher than 720p. I'd like more movie apps and tv show apps that work the best and offer a bigger selection. Thanks in advance.

JO49

Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:31 pm

DonenDone21 wrote:I'm new to this box that I bought with very little research. I also bought a Blaze Key. My question is simple. I'd like to know more movie apps. I currently only have Show Box and I have yet to watch a movie in anything higher than 720p. I'd like more movie apps and tv show apps that work the best and offer a bigger selection. Thanks in advance.

Go to Chrome and google Megabox Hd, Movie HD, Cartoon Hd. Download the apps using Chrome . You will find them in your downloads . Install from there.
You should also set up Kodi with Fusion and you will get plenty of what you are looking for.

Enjoy

Wickedt

Tue May 17, 2016 5:09 pm

Hi all, just got a Q2, and for the life of me, i cannot find a way to get the optics cable for audio to work, no sounds on my stereo, just the actual TV speaker.
Thanks all

PS i use an HDMI cable to the TV and the optical to the stereo.

DD1

Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:02 am

I have a G box Q 16.1 Jarvis KODI set up. I can't get PLUTO.TV I have reached out to everyone. System says check for log for errors.
I did the download and the pluto is on the screen but every time I open a channel it gives me a screen error message ?
I'm stumped what the hek is wrong I keep getting the run around from Pluto and Kodi.
Is there anybody out there that would like to help me get pluto tv back on my Kodi working. This sucks :o
I have fusion, and Super repo repository's .
Please help me figure this out I have been trying to get my pluto tv on the Kodi for 6 months with no luck
I have wiped the system. downloaded, you name it. Is there a step I have missed or can a support person help.
I been told so many different things.
Is this really that confusing ????
Ripping my hair out

Pdettore79

Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:12 am

Wickedt wrote:Hi all, just got a Q2, and for the life of me, i cannot find a way to get the optics cable for audio to work, no sounds on my stereo, just the actual TV speaker.
Thanks all

PS i use an HDMI cable to the TV and the optical to the stereo.
From the android settings in one of the audio settings I remember seeing the option to switch from audio out:optical or HDMI...mine was on optical already but I did notice you could switch it.

KirillZl

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:11 am

can some one explain what is the role of "TONE" in an electronic sruthi box
I have a radel sruthi box and I see this option there.
when am I suppose to use it? what is it enhancing?
thanking in advance

• Information