Firmware Update for the Q

This forum is used to discuss the G-PAD Q

Moderators: Vincent, Global Moderator

Forum rules
If you need direct assistance from Matricom Technical Support you can e-mail a support agent directly via the e-mail support@matricom.net
tautog

Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:43 pm

JO49 wrote:
tautog wrote:
JO49 wrote:

Have you rechecked your audio options making sure you have enable passthrough checked and dd receiver,enable dd receiver and dts and 2 channel
Tripled checked and all the same as it was before when it worked. I'll take it yours works? I don't get sounds to the receiver on the launcher page either. So I don't think it is a kodi issue.

Did you try unplugging your gbox? Is your remote control volume turned up ?
Thanks for still trying to help. I have 2 boxes and neither play through my amp. I have switched them, so yes, they have been turned off. Remote volume is at max. In the old days(Thursday, pre 2.0) when I turned on the amp the TV volume would automatically switch off (ARC audio return channel) and the amp would start to play. Now the TV continues to play audio when I turn on the amp. Hdmi goes to TV and optic goes to amp. Never had problems before.

JO49

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:08 pm

tautog wrote:
JO49 wrote:
tautog wrote:
Tripled checked and all the same as it was before when it worked. I'll take it yours works? I don't get sounds to the receiver on the launcher page either. So I don't think it is a kodi issue.

Thanks for still trying to help. I have 2 boxes and neither play through my amp. I have switched them, so yes, they have been turned off. Remote volume is at max. In the old days(Thursday, pre 2.0) when I turned on the amp the TV volume would automatically switch off (ARC audio return channel) and the amp would start to play. Now the TV continues to play audio when I turn on the amp. Hdmi goes to TV and optic goes to amp. Never had problems before.

Ok try going to advanced system settings then to sounds. Make sure systems sounds are on and digital sounds are set to auto or hdmi.

tautog

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:22 pm

JO49 wrote:
tautog wrote:
JO49 wrote:

Ok try going to advanced system settings then to sounds. Make sure systems sounds are on and digital sounds are set to auto or hdmi.
Been there, done that. I've gone back to the other box that I wiped after reading one of your other posts. Now have to load Kodi and start from scratch.

JO49

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:35 pm

tautog wrote:
JO49 wrote:
tautog wrote:

Been there, done that. I've gone back to the other box that I wiped after reading one of your other posts. Now have to load Kodi and start from scratch.[/quote

Do you get any sound from your tv speakers from the gbox? Also did you check the options in the hdmi cec under preferences in system settings advanced?

tautog

Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:56 pm

JO49 wrote:
tautog wrote:
JO49 wrote:

Been there, done that. I've gone back to the other box that I wiped after reading one of your other posts. Now have to load Kodi and start from scratch.[/quote

Do you get any sound from your tv speakers from the gbox? Also did you check the options in the hdmi cec under preferences in system settings advanced?

Fixed. It was my TV. For some reason HDMI-CEC was turned off on my TV. Who knows when that happened. Everything is fine now. Thanks for your assistance.

In unrelated news I was able to run a restore from the USB sd card wizard from a thumbdrive that I had backed up pre 2.0. So you can read but not write it seems.

JO49

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:24 pm

tautog wrote:
JO49 wrote:
tautog wrote:

Fixed. It was my TV. For some reason HDMI-CEC was turned off on my TV. Who knows when that happened. Everything is fine now. Thanks for your assistance.

In unrelated news I was able to run a restore from the USB sd card wizard from a thumbdrive that I had backed up pre 2.0. So you can read but not write it seems.
Great! Glad you got it squared away.

dhartwig

Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:32 pm

Matricom is a joke......that being said like all jokes,they get old real fast.This isn't even funny anymore. I'm loosing interest and faith in this so called company. Their support may be polite, friendly, courteous,but there tech team/Dev's seem like they just graduated from elementary school.At least they're keeping it consistent with fail after fall . I'm not hear to be a Troll but for Gods sake, WTF is their issue? They cant even update their own website correctly, let alone release a single stable firmware. Instead they copy and paste codes and files and cross there fingers and pray that it works without even testing it first. Instead make us all guinea pigs and have us let them know what we find. DAMN, even a good cook tastes his food before having it sent out from his kitchen to the table. WTF? Is anyone at Matricom even listening? To ashamed to reply to the tons of negative feedback? Hide in the shadows and have the admins of this forum do it for them?. I am really sorry but I just needed to get this off my chest. As much or as little this may have to do with the latest firmware or not. Thanks for listening at least.

mattidog66

Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:48 am

THX for the great post dhartwig,couldn't said it any better myself!!!

dhartwig

Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:05 am

mattidog66 wrote:THX for the great post dhartwig,couldn't said it any better myself!!!
Thanks md66, I appreciate that.

db_83

Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:16 am

JO49 wrote:
db_83 wrote:Hello everyone,
Sorry, I'm new here and not sure if this is where I should post this. First, I would like to say that I like the new firmware , but that being said I do have a few concerns. I am not able to write to my sd card anymore. I have tried using es file explorer and the built-in file explorer. Also kodi is not able to write to the usb drive or the sd card.
The other issue I'm having is when I connect to my wifi, I'm only connecting at 65Mbps even though I have an ac router. When I do a speed test I'm only getting 40Mbps even though I'm able to get 90Mbps on my other devices. Any suggestions?
Thanks

The gbox seems to be very location orientated in relation to your router. I have found moving the gbox a few inches or a few feet can radically change your speeds.I would go with Ethernet if at all possible.
The g box is close to the router. It is on the opposite side of the room. I cannot connect it with an Ethernet cable without having called run all over the room. The specs on the box state that it had 5G Wi-Fi which is suppose to be faster than 65Mbps. 5G Wi-Fi is suppose to start at does of 450 Mbps.

Also is there any response to not being angle to write to the sd card? I have tried multiple cards.

JO49

Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:11 am

db_83 wrote:
JO49 wrote:
db_83 wrote:Hello everyone,
Sorry, I'm new here and not sure if this is where I should post this. First, I would like to say that I like the new firmware , but that being said I do have a few concerns. I am not able to write to my sd card anymore. I have tried using es file explorer and the built-in file explorer. Also kodi is not able to write to the usb drive or the sd card.
The other issue I'm having is when I connect to my wifi, I'm only connecting at 65Mbps even though I have an ac router. When I do a speed test I'm only getting 40Mbps even though I'm able to get 90Mbps on my other devices. Any suggestions?
Thanks

The gbox seems to be very location orientated in relation to your router. I have found moving the gbox a few inches or a few feet can radically change your speeds.I would go with Ethernet if at all possible.
The g box is close to the router. It is on the opposite side of the room. I cannot connect it with an Ethernet cable without having called run all over the room. The specs on the box state that it had 5G Wi-Fi which is suppose to be faster than 65Mbps. 5G Wi-Fi is suppose to start at does of 450 Mbps.

Also is there any response to not being angle to write to the sd card? I have tried multiple cards.

Download wi-fi analyzer on your cell phone and on your gbox. This will give you a better idea as to the best location for the gbox. Keep in mind it will be ballpark.To fine tune you will need to run speed tests to find the precise optimum placement.

db_83

Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:34 pm

JO49 wrote:
db_83 wrote:
JO49 wrote:

Download wi-fi analyzer on your cell phone and on your gbox. This will give you a better idea as to the best location for the gbox. Keep in mind it will be ballpark.To fine tune you will need to run speed tests to find the precise optimum placement.

I have done that already. It does not change. I have even tried different routers and I moved the box right beside the router and the link is still only 65Mbps .

dhartwig

Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:57 pm

db_83 wrote:
JO49 wrote:
db_83 wrote:

I have done that already. It does not change. I have even tried different routers and I moved the box right beside the router and the link is still only 65Mbps .
The chipset wont go faster, its still under the N specs. you have a client card that can only do 20MHz channels, single-stream, and long guard intervals, then 65 megabits per second is the highest signaling rate you can get. With short guard intervals, you can get 72.2 mbps signaling.

JO49

Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:25 pm

Below is a breakdown of the various 802.11 WiFi standards and their corresponding maximum speeds. Theoretical wireless speeds (combined upstream and downstream) are as follows:

802.11n - 600 Mbps (2.4GHz and 5 GHz) - 150Mbps typical for network adapters, 300Mbps, 450Mbps, and 600Mbps speeds when bonding channels with some routers
802.11ac - 1300+Mbps (5 GHz) - newer standard that uses wider channels, QAM and spatial streams for higher throughput

Below is a breakdown of actual real-life average speeds you can expect from wireless routers within a reasonable distance, with low interference and small number of simultaneous clients:

802.11n - 40-50 Mbps typical, varying greatly depending on configuration, whether it is mixed or N-only network, the number of bonded channels, etc. Specifying a channel, and using 40MHz channels can help achieve 70-80Mbps with some newer routers. Up to 100 Mbps achievable with more expensive commercial equipment with 8x8 arrays, gigabit ports, etc.
802.11ac - 70-100+ Mbps typical, higher speeds possible over short distances without many obstacles, with newer generation 802.11ac routers, and client adapters capable of multiple streams.

dhartwig

Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:16 pm

JO49 wrote:Below is a breakdown of the various 802.11 WiFi standards and their corresponding maximum speeds. Theoretical wireless speeds (combined upstream and downstream) are as follows:

802.11n - 600 Mbps (2.4GHz and 5 GHz) - 150Mbps typical for network adapters, 300Mbps, 450Mbps, and 600Mbps speeds when bonding channels with some routers
802.11ac - 1300+Mbps (5 GHz) - newer standard that uses wider channels, QAM and spatial streams for higher throughput

Below is a breakdown of actual real-life average speeds you can expect from wireless routers within a reasonable distance, with low interference and small number of simultaneous clients:

802.11n - 40-50 Mbps typical, varying greatly depending on configuration, whether it is mixed or N-only network, the number of bonded channels, etc. Specifying a channel, and using 40MHz channels can help achieve 70-80Mbps with some newer routers. Up to 100 Mbps achievable with more expensive commercial equipment with 8x8 arrays, gigabit ports, etc.
802.11ac - 70-100+ Mbps typical, higher speeds possible over short distances without many obstacles, with newer generation 802.11ac routers, and client adapters capable of multiple streams.

Didn't realize we were haviin a copy and paste off here JO49 :P
But just to add In addition, net IP layer throughput of WiFi is typically 60% of the air link rate due to WiFi being half-duplex with ACKs, and being CSMA/CA. The number of simultaneous connections, and even the type of wireless security can affect and slow down some older routers with inadequate processors/memory. :P

• Information