Firmware Update for the Q

This forum is used to discuss the G-PAD Q

Moderators: Matricom Guru, Global Moderator

Forum rules
If you need direct assistance from Matricom Technical Support you can e-mail a support agent directly via the e-mail support@matricom.net
JO49

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:23 pm

dhartwig-- LOL. I find technical jargon better explained by the pros, ergo the copy and paste. Bottom line everything affects Wi-Fi

dhartwig

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:27 pm

JO49 wrote:dhartwig-- LOL. I find technical jargon better explained by the pros, ergo the copy and paste. Bottom line everything affects Wi-Fi

JO49- , I completely understand. LOL

lummer

Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:12 am

am I the only one whose box hasnt updated? I'm on 1.4.1 at the mo and when I force a check for firmware updates, it says there are no updates?
:o

dhartwig

Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:27 am

Matricom still hasn't stepped to the plate and turned on the OTA's. You have to manually update.Follow the instructions here.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=23429/

If u don't have an SD card, open the (factory_param_update.aml) file with any text editor and change the the file wording from where it says update_package=/sdcard and change it to update_package=/udisk and save. Then put all three files on the USB drive.AND ONLY THOSE 3 FILES. Then toothpick away!!!!

mattidog66

Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:49 am

Still no OTA,Matricom's server's are still down!What are they waiting for?They said the OTA was going to roll out on Friday, well it is now Monday & still nothing!! WTF is going on with Matricom??

XBMC1259

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:43 pm

mattidog66 wrote: WTF is going on with Matricom??
LOL!!!until now you still surprise, ;D

WOW!!!they demoted me from Hero Member just to Full Member...WTH!!!

dhartwig

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:49 pm

XBMC1259 wrote:
mattidog66 wrote: WTF is going on with Matricom??
LOL!!!until now you still surprise, ;D

WOW!!!they demoted me from Hero Member just to Full Member...WTH!!!
Apparently they got a memo clarifying the Punisher is too violent to be a hero :P

mattidog66

Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:41 pm

Waz up XBMC!!you will always be my HERO!(LoL)don't feel bad,you could always end up like TUP (Banned)!!!!

JO49

Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:35 pm

mattidog66 wrote:Still no OTA,Matricom's server's are still down!What are they waiting for?They said the OTA was going to roll out on Friday, well it is now Monday & still nothing!! WTF is going on with Matricom??

Matricom told me on Thursday the OTA was a big maybe for the weekend. They are probably hiring more people to man the phone lines when the s3it hits the fan.LOL

rwb905

Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:08 pm

Just updated to 2.0 on my G-Box and noticed two things -

1. When I push the power button once it puts the box to sleep, but the blue light stays on.
2. When I hold the power button down on the remote, it says the box is powering off but it immediately reboots itself.

Is anyone else having the same problem? Anyway to fix this?

dhartwig

Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:11 pm

rwb905 wrote:Just updated to 2.0 on my G-Box and noticed two things -

1. When I push the power button once it puts the box to sleep, but the blue light stays on.
2. When I hold the power button down on the remote, it says the box is powering off but it immediately reboots itself.

Testing mine now, I'll update you in a few.......

Update #1
Got it. Go to system settings-advanced settings-hdmi cec and enable the CEC SWITCH ON, then back out to main launcher. Hit power, your TV and box will turn off. Power back on, then go back into the cec control and turn it off. Now the next time you hit power the box will go into standby with the light off......hope this helps

Update#2
Enabling the remote under setting will do this as well....wierd

Update #3
After reboot my box does the same thing. Blue light stays on after power.
But after doing any of the 2 options I mentioned fixes it.

Update #4
Just noticed Bluetooth was enabled. Turned off. Now even after reboot,the light stays off when I hit power and the box sleeps......Woooohoooo

JO49

Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:15 am

dhartwig wrote:
rwb905 wrote:Just updated to 2.0 on my G-Box and noticed two things -

Testing mine now, I'll update you in a few.......

Update #1
Got it. Go to system settings-advanced settings-hdmi cec and enable the CEC SWITCH ON, then back out to main launcher. Hit power, your TV and box will turn off. Power back on, then go back into the cec control and turn it off. Now the next time you hit power the box will go into standby with the light off......hope this helps

Update#2
Enabling the remote under setting will do this as well....wierd

Update #3
After reboot my box does the same thing. Blue light stays on after power.
But after doing any of the 2 options I mentioned fixes it.

Update #4
Just noticed Bluetooth was enabled. Turned off. Now even after reboot,the light stays off when I hit power and the box sleeps......Woooohoooo

My problem is why hasn't Matricom issued an instructional manual or update the Wiki? If we had an idea of what should happen and shouldn't happen would be quite helpful.

hugopv

Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:56 pm

Hey guys, after updating i cant see my external hard drive anymore. It only shows the sd card attached and local files....it worked before, any ideas why this happenned? My only conclusion is that the new update doesnt support exFat what do you think?! Please help

dhartwig

Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Why would they post an instruction manual, this forum is doing it for them,they don't even know what it's supposed to do. They're not done reading all the comments here,but when they are, I'm sure by then they will be an updated wiki page :)

markolomew

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:46 am

hugopv wrote:Hey guys, after updating i cant see my external hard drive anymore. It only shows the sd card attached and local files....it worked before, any ideas why this happenned? My only conclusion is that the new update doesnt support exFat what do you think?! Please help
I have the same issue. I put in a ticket and they said they are going to work on it as it was the first they had heard of it. They suggested watching the forums for a bug fix, or just reverting back to 1.4 (with kodi version 15.2) in the meantime. If the fix doesn't happen this week, I'll have to revert since all my movies/tv shows are on an ExFat external hard drive.

• Information