[Firmware 2.1.1][OTA][Android 5.1.1] Q Update -- Welcome back rocket ship

This forum is used to discuss the G-PAD Q

Moderators: Vincent, Global Moderator

Forum rules
If you need direct assistance from Matricom Technical Support you can e-mail a support agent directly via the e-mail support@matricom.net
tornicade

Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:50 am

put the files on your sdcard, unplug the box then put in the sdcard and power it back on.

its called the toothpick method.

Snaz

Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:38 am

tornicade wrote:put the files on your sdcard, unplug the box then put in the sdcard and power it back on.

Thank you, tried it and it worked first shot
Odd thing about it is on the first G Box Q , the USB method worked on the subsequent units failed every time.
Preferred the USB drive because it had not only the OS , Firmware but the Kodi Spinz backup as it was a 8GB usb

Thank you all the same

Regards

Snaz

tornicade

Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:16 pm

Snaz wrote:
tornicade wrote:put the files on your sdcard, unplug the box then put in the sdcard and power it back on.

Thank you, tried it and it worked first shot
Odd thing about it is on the first G Box Q , the USB method worked on the subsequent units failed every time.
Preferred the USB drive because it had not only the OS , Firmware but the Kodi Spinz backup as it was a 8GB usb

Thank you all the same

Regards

Snaz
I think it depends on what state the bios is in when you try and update it. hopefully youll be able to use the usb method now if needed however AMlogic has a backup chip programmed in that seems to respond to the SD card as it doesn't have to be mounted. There is a more more technical explanation somewhere but that's the gist of it. I prefer using a USB stick myself but had to break down and go buy an sd card when I botched the bios

Dizzy49

Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:44 am

Why do I keep getting "failed to verify whole-file signature" ??
I tried upgrading from 1.4 to 2.0 and 2.1 and received the same error.
I copied the files to the root of a USB stick, as well as an update folder. I boot into recovery, Apply Update from EXT, select the zip, and it doesn't work.

I don't have a SD card, or any way to copy to one if I had one. I am SO sick of this thing!

JO49

Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:39 am

Dizzy49 wrote:Why do I keep getting "failed to verify whole-file signature" ??
I tried upgrading from 1.4 to 2.0 and 2.1 and received the same error.
I copied the files to the root of a USB stick, as well as an update folder. I boot into recovery, Apply Update from EXT, select the zip, and it doesn't work.

I don't have a SD card, or any way to copy to one if I had one. I am SO sick of this thing!

Check out this post, it answers a lot of questions.
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=23523

rattle3975
Baby Member
Baby Member

Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:35 pm

Ok I'm gonna start by saying GBOX is a great unit when it come to the hardware unfortunately their firmware is hands down horrible all their firmware releases have tons of pages with all bugs every time 1.3 was ok but my advice is even if you buy the unit go straight to a different FW I love openelec you lose android as it is a kodi only OS it uses 75% less resources and run great I'm currently on 15.2 waiting for 16.2 go with openelec you will never turn back or spend the money on a shield which I also have which I run on M GOOD LUCK GUYS

Miamijerry

Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:28 pm

I have the Nvidia Shield TV with the [ROM][Full Android Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.2] installed.

Blindingly fast...

dbaps

Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi,

I'm still trying to get NTFS to work with my USB External drive. I rooted the G-Box. I can set the folder permissions. My apps are still saying they can't store Podcast files (as an example). When I store new files they are not picking up the folder permissions I just had the whole thing opened with Everyone as owner and full privileges along with administrator. I realize Android isn't using ACL's anyway.

I'm trying to use SSH or Telnet to get in but the connection is being refused. I also saw an earlier post that said the root account password is admin?

It's funny because my drive was working with NTFS after the upgrade, but I had some corruption issues. I went ahead and formatted the drive but have not been able to get it to work since. I know people are saying NTFS does not work with external drives on 5.1.1? Please confirm...

I 'm really hoping to be able to use a file system that has journaling. But if this doesn't work it sounds like I must go to Fat32?

Thanks,
Paul

dbaps

Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:59 pm

Got NTFS writes to work. Thanks anyway.

Miamijerry

Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:01 pm

dbaps wrote:Got NTFS writes to work. Thanks anyway.
How, please tell

dbaps

Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:25 pm

Rooted than usb otg with stick mount.

I had formatted ntfs Windows computer.

Droid1177

Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:21 am

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I've got a question about the Md5 for the recovery. Img, in the OP. The md5 listed does not match what I get on my end. Is this the correct md5? Thanks

opoumian

Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:16 pm

Droid1177 wrote:Hello, I'm new to the forum. I've got a question about the Md5 for the recovery. Img, in the OP. The md5 listed does not match what I get on my end. Is this the correct md5? Thanks
Same observation here. The md5 hash does not match the indicated key. Is the file or the key wrong?

chegaleg

Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:22 am

At this point I'm so disappointed in this product I just want it to work before I sell it! Hopefully the potential buyer won't use it to what it's intended to do but doesn't deliver on.

No where in the release notes did I see something about what people have been experiencing regarding freezing of media (local/remote) while the sound continues, odd media length times and subsequent crashes. Why should I own a piece of technology plugged to 10G worth of high end AV equipment if it disappoints time and time again?

Pdettore79

Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:34 am

rattle3975 wrote:Ok I'm gonna start by saying GBOX is a great unit when it come to the hardware unfortunately their firmware is hands down horrible all their firmware releases have tons of pages with all bugs every time 1.3 was ok but my advice is even if you buy the unit go straight to a different FW I love openelec you lose android as it is a kodi only OS it uses 75% less resources and run great I'm currently on 15.2 waiting for 16.2 go with openelec you will never turn back or spend the money on a shield which I also have which I run on M GOOD LUCK GUYS
Hey, any chance you can steer to getting openelec installed on my GBox? I've done some reading but it seems that it's chip specific and every time I think I've got it nailed down to what I need I find a outer one saying its old or don't work or they "bricked" their box because it was wrong..just don't want to mess it up fortunately as of right now on latest Matricom my box runs very well...but I've been very interested in trying openelec for some time now

• Information