[Firmware 2.2] Q Update - 12/1 Update Note

This forum is used to discuss the G-PAD Q

Moderators: Matricom Guru, Global Moderator

Forum rules
If you need direct assistance from Matricom Technical Support you can e-mail a support agent directly via the e-mail support@matricom.net
OpticalGuard
Administrator
Administrator

Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:37 pm

The new Q firmware update is here!

11/26 Update: Matricom understands the bugs and issues that people have been experiencing and are working on them asap. Keep this in mind and install the update at your discretion.

Download links
https://s3.amazonaws.com/matricomfinalf ... a18cff.zip
Recovery Img: https://s3.amazonaws.com/matricomfinalf ... covery.img

Change Log:

Code: Select all

Removed Standout Bar from Firmware
Updated Matricom Setup Wizard with more flare
Updated Home Portal
Home Launcher can be manually set to another option
Minor tweaks to the Framework
Install Instructions
Rebooting from the Launcher
Download the firmware, the recovery.img and the factory_param_update.aml script onto the root of an SD card.
Insert the SD card into the G-Box.
From the main menu, choose "System Settings" > "Reboot Recovery".
The update will install automatically.

Toothpick Method:
Place the files on the root of an SD Card.
Reboot the box by unplugging it and plugging it back in while holding the hidden switch in the A/V port.
The update will install automatically.

Our staff has been compileing the bugs avaliable that people have been encountering with most known bugs found below.

No Celsius on Weather Widget
No power off via remote
No internet display even when connected
Root access is not enabled
Complications with Kodi (related with root)
Menu button doesn't work
Some android applications failing to operate (also related to root)

Our developers are hard at work on a patch that will aim to remedy these and other bugs people have encountered. If you have found any other bugs besides the ones noted above you can send an e-mail to our support agents via support@matricom.net

Otherwise stay tuned to the forums to get info on the new patch coming as soon as it's available.

jramirez

Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi, my gbox updated automatically, i honestly have no opinion at the moment as i had to leave the house... In the previous firmware, I was able to sswitch between apps with my Rii remote and a strip would appear from the bottom of the screen where I could then select the app i wanted to switch to... Has this feature been disabled? Or is there a different key i have to click to get it to function? Thanks

robinshane

Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:19 pm

Mine updated today when I turned it on. A couple of issues...

1. I can no longer turn the box off. The remote works fine, but the power button does nothing and I can't find a way to turn the box off other than to unplug it.
2. My homescreen changed. Now it has weather automatically (which I don't want). I can't find any way to change the appearance of the home screen.

thecortezfam6

Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:36 pm

Can I get help installing? I downloaded the files and put them on my SD Card but when I reboot nothing gets downloaded

ylwbcca

Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:51 pm

My Q box updated automatically and looks OK so far.

My Qbox 2 did not so tried the following:
Link missing for factory param update file so created my own.
Errors are
Cache wipe failed
E:Cannot load volume /misc

Any ideas

illstyliztic1

Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:11 pm

Wth my gbox q2 updates itself but now i have no sound and my remote cannot turn off the box anymore? What gives. Help!

kaerww

Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:02 pm

My Q-box automatically updated by itself today. Not unhappy with that and my remote actually works better with this update. The only problem I'm having which is very annoying is that my remote won't shut the damn thing off. Anybody have any ideas or fixes?????

Pdettore79

Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:48 pm

Anyone else having issues playing live HD content at 60fps? I had this same issue way back when I first got the box and an update shortly after fixed it...I've used this box for about a year now using the same addon, up until and including this morning prior to receiving the update...now it drops frames like crazy. Live streams at 30fps are fine...setting remain unchanged, only variable is this update. Uuuugghb

gunpoint69

Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:10 pm

1) Live tv or sports are out of the question with the latest 2.2 ota update non stop buffering and stuttering even sd streams are stuttering!!
2)Power button does not work can not turn off unit without pulling the power cord while unit is powered on!!
3)Getting kicked out of kodi and other apps to main menu
4)Getting stuck on black screen when trying to access settings and other apps at random
5)One of my g box q"s have lost all sound after ota

Pdettore79

Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:50 pm

gunpoint69 wrote:1) Live tv or sports are out of the question with the latest 2.2 ota update non stop buffering and stuttering even sd streams are stuttering!!
2)Power button does not work can not turn off unit without pulling the power cord while unit is powered on!!
3)Getting kicked out of kodi and other apps to main menu
4)Getting stuck on black screen when trying to access settings and other apps at random
5)One of my g box q"s have lost all sound after ota
1) I can steam live as long as it's in 30fps(29.970?) but anything in 60fps(59.4??) it drops like crazy. This is an issue absolutely related to the update, have 3 other Gboxes on last firmware to confirm.
2) power button does not work your right...they said they are aware on their FB page and will resolve shortly(least of the concerns right now though as I've found more issues I'll get to)
3) I haven't been kicked to main menu yet but considering I've had some jerky almost frozen seeming issues navigating menus I certainly believe it.
4) same as above
5) fortunately sound still works on my only box to OTA, so hopefully you can resolve that, maybe it switched to HDMI sound from pcm or vice-versa in the android sound setting?
As for my new issue I've found, streams that have any type of black bars at the top and bottom...are now showing in white. I know wtf right? But yes...white. Hopefully I can dig up my sd cars somewhere with he last firmware on it and roll back if not I'm gonna be pretty bent up about this

mrkev38

Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:13 pm

Just had the update done automatically, looks nice, but, like above mention, power button not working. Also very annoying circle icon that follows on the r/h side of the screen no matter what program your using. I have tried clicking on it, can not get it to disappear. Example, I have trakt and this little trakt circle icon now appears and is always on home screen,kodi,es file ,etc. Short of that (so far) I like the new interface and once all the little bugs are worked out, 2.2 should be a hit. Thanks Matricom

anyone come up with a fix for the dot, please post :)

qsibox

Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:00 pm

I got automatically updated to FW 2.2. The power button no longer works.
The wired internet set up no longer works. How do I set up wired internet ?
Please... please, do not break something that works.

illstyliztic1

Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:21 am

All this firmware update was cause problems. You broke an absolutely perfect working firmware for a better look. The sound doesnt work and no one can turn off their gbox with the remote anymore as well as other problems people are experiencing and so far no word from any of you to help us resolve these issues.

Pipcelona

Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:55 am

Definitely a very VERY buggy update! My main issue is the lack of an option to configure an Ethernet network. What gives?? Also, like others said, can't turn the box off with the power button! No apparent option to change the layout of the home screen in launcher mode as the 'edit rows' function has disappeared. I'm gonna assume these are just teething problems, especially the Ethernet issue!

coasterman

Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:53 am

Why the hell would you update prior to a major holiday when my box was working perfect and now there are bugs and no support available.

• Information