[Firmware 2.2] Q Update - 12/1 Update Note

This forum is used to discuss the G-PAD Q

Moderators: Vincent, Global Moderator

Forum rules
If you need direct assistance from Matricom Technical Support you can e-mail a support agent directly via the e-mail support@matricom.net
Tradascent

Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:44 pm

bobinh2otown wrote:Your contrast works and your brightness?
I beg to differ... Ive reloaded it and tried it on more then one system .

I have never had to adjust contrast or brightness. Sorry, never had an issue with it.

Roman294

Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:45 pm

jmanchand wrote:
Roman294 wrote:
lithiumhax wrote:
Hey Roman294!
Do you have a link to the TWRP file you used? Thanks so much!!
http://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/aml/TW ... icomQ2.img once in SD card rename to recovery.img and reboot with tooth pick into recovery that's it here's the root https://download.chainfire.eu/696/Super ... eve_file=1. Thank Abdul and Chainfire
Can this method of rooting be done using a usb stick also!?
U can try by placing the recovery.IMG in the SD card don't forget to download file explorer from Google's playstore as it will help u set ur recovery.IMG slot. File explorer has a root option that you can try after u root. If the switch doesn't stay on root than u don't have root ÷(

bloody_drunk

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:40 pm

I have 2 files I downloaded to flash my box the 3rd file is missing, does anyone know where I can download this Dam factory_param_update.aml file so I can do a manual flash of my box.

stickworx67

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:54 pm

Folks, this is what worked for me to get the boxes (own 3 of them back to 2.1) and all are back to "normal" - used the toothpick method

Perform a manual firmware reflash with the 2.1.1 firmware.

You can find the download links for the 2.1.1 firmware on our forums here: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=23554

Manual firmware update:
Required for this process,
G-box Q
Computer with SD card slot
Google Chrome browser (using Internet Explorer to download these files can cause complications with this process)
An empty SD card (formatted to FAT32 with at least 2 GB of memory and no more than 32 GB of memory)
Your SD card must be formatted to FAT32
Copy and paste the 3 firmware files onto an empty SD card (there must be no other files on the SD card and the zipped files must remain zipped)
Choose the “Reboot recovery” option from the system settings menu. Alternatively you can perform the "Toothpick Method" : https://wiki.matricom.net/i/The_Toothpick_Method
Once you have entered the recovery menu you can place the SD card inside the device and you will:
1. Select 'wipe data/factory reset'
2. Once it has wiped the device select "Apply Update from EXT"
3. Select 'update from sd'
4. Then the q_2.1.1 file
When rebooting the device it will stay on the Matricom logo for a few minutes. This process will complete with booting you back into the setup wizard.

sukit

Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:01 pm

every update is a headache with this box something im now use to it will get fixed in time why they release crap updates that screw everyones boxes up before the firmwares legit n ready to be released ill never know

makeitbetter

Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:50 pm

Here is a BUG that needs to be fixed -------

Give us an EASY option to turn OFF automatic firmware updates.

---Most family members do not find this kind of media box easy to use. It takes a lot of instruction and practice to get the average user to enjoy its benefits. Just when everyone is enjoying it ----
---- You thoughtless Matricom programmers shoot an auto-update to our device, making everyone in the house hate it.

------ It takes many weeks to get this BOX set up just the way we like it and BOOM its gone.

The BIGGEST BUG is: no EasY option to STOP automatic UPDATES

**** We all appreciate improvements to firmware, but maybe I do not want to update it this year,>>> maybe on my own time---

HEY, here is an idea----- fix this BUG ---- PLEASE ---- GIVE us and EASY option "setting" to DISABLE automatic UPDATES.

What do you think????? Anyone???

coasterman

Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:01 am

stickworx67 wrote:Folks, this is what worked for me to get the boxes (own 3 of them back to 2.1) and all are back to "normal" - used the toothpick method

Perform a manual firmware reflash with the 2.1.1 firmware.

You can find the download links for the 2.1.1 firmware on our forums here: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=23554

Manual firmware update:
G-box Q
Google Chrome browser (using Internet Explorer to download these files can cause complications with this process)
An empty SD card (formatted to FAT32 with at least 2 GB of memory and no more than 32 GB of memory)
Copy and paste the 3 firmware files onto an empty SD card (there must be no other files on the SD card and the zipped files must remain zipped)
Choose the “Reboot recovery” option from the system settings menu. Alternatively you can perform the "Toothpick Method" : https://wiki.matricom.net/i/The_Toothpick_Method
Once you have entered the recovery menu you can place the SD card inside the device and you will:
4. Then the q_2.1.1 file
When rebooting the device it will stay on the Matricom logo for a few minutes. This process will complete with booting you back into the setup wizard.

I did everything here except wipe data and everything worked fine as before the update. It also kept all my data then I disabled the auto update function. The box is where it was before the update and works finr both on ethernet and wifi.

bloody_drunk

Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:30 am

I have 2 files I downloaded for update 2.2 to flash my box the 3rd file is missing, does anyone know where I can download this Dam factory_param_update.aml file so I can do a manual flash of my box.

justauser

Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:18 am

maxasecas wrote:I was surprised by this update too. I can't "turn off" the box with the power button but that really doesn't bother me since the only thing that actually was turning off before was the bue light.
But THE WHITE BARS IN KODI VIDEO ARE ANNOYING to say the least. Changing the screen resolution I got to notice that the video has a transaparent background and what is actually showing is the start up screen with the matricom logo on white. How can that be fixed? Can yoU at least tell me were this screen is so I can replace it with a black background?
You can ZOOM out/in from the G-Box Settings screen, Quick Settings, Display Settings, Screen Position. That fixes the White Lines on the top and/or sides. What's interesting is if you set this up in the beginning using the same tool, it's not right and you get the lines. I found the best way is to play a show with the white lines showing and adjust it.

chutarchariya

Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:22 pm

Hello,
It is for Gbox q2 s812 new update 2.2.

I made an account and I still didn't receive an activation email so I can't post on the forum that's why I am emailing you directly.
My issues are that there is Bluetooth keyboard delay or lag. it was never there on KitKat though. When I press a key on my keyboard Bluetooth or USB there is a delay and it shows up on the screen after 1 second of input and I can't type as it makes it untypeable due to so many mistakes. This happens only with keyboard not the mouse. On screen keyboard works fine.

Also we need navigation and status bar. I am sure the good developers can sort this issue very fast and easy.
Also in Kodi there is only two processors shown instead of 4.

Thank you for your continuous help
Best regards
Shahid

Roman294

Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:34 am

Roman294 wrote:
bloody_drunk wrote:I have 2 files I downloaded to flash my box the 3rd file is missing, does anyone know where I can download this Dam factory_param_update.aml file so I can do a manual flash of my box.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/matricomfinalf ... _param.aml u can u param to update its the same

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=23554

bbauer

Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:07 pm

stickworx67 wrote:Folks, this is what worked for me to get the boxes (own 3 of them back to 2.1) and all are back to "normal" - used the toothpick method

Perform a manual firmware reflash with the 2.1.1 firmware.7

Manual firmware update:
G-box Q
4. Then the q_2.1.1 file

Thanks that worked perfect. Also I didn't have to scrub my user data

bloody_drunk

Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:35 pm

I tried everything I could to do an manual update for 2.2 firmware with the file I downloaded. I keep getting error file signature is in correct. Does anyone know what that means. Also, why won't me box do OTA update like everyone else does.

buckchoc

Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:54 am

I'm not sure which box you have, but if you are using the G-Box Q follow the instruction that BBauer posted to rollback the fireware.. I just rolled back my G Box and it is working perfectly.. Thank you BBauer for the info.
If you can't find the post here it is. Very simple process to follow..

stickworx67 wrote:
Folks, this is what worked for me to get the boxes (own 3 of them back to 2.1) and all are back to "normal" - used the toothpick method

Perform a manual firmware reflash with the 2.1.1 firmware.7

Manual firmware update:
G-box Q
4. Then the q_2.1.1 file

Joeycichlid

Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:02 am

Am I able to play any games from Android store? Installed temple run and can't get past the main screen. I do not have a controller. Will an old Wii remote work?

• Information