[Firmware 2.2] Q Update - 12/1 Update Note

This forum is used to discuss the G-PAD Q

Moderators: Matricom Guru, Global Moderator

Forum rules
If you need direct assistance from Matricom Technical Support you can e-mail a support agent directly via the e-mail support@matricom.net
jeorge

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:56 pm

Theres another Bug,
Weather widget constantly shows spinning circle (weather updateing) & will only stop when clicking on then off the wiget.
HDMI-CEC no longer works correctly ,before the update if i turned off the tv the box would turn off & if i hit the power key on the box the tv would turn off too , Could this be related to the power button no longer working ?

justauser

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:47 pm

OpticalGuard wrote:
kct wrote:Really???

It has been passed 1.5 months and this company couldn't send one update to fix at least the major issue with the power button? If they cannot release a new version, why don't they rename the old version to a new one and give it again over the air? I don't want to do all the procedure manually. It is just simple for them to release an OTA update with the previous version.

All of this shows to us that they are not responsible and they don't respect their customers!!!
The G-Box Q was made to always be on, so the power button function isn't as high a priority. Though the next update will still adjust that so that you can once again turn off the G-Box with the controller.

If it was meant to be always on, they wouldn't have included a power button.

GetSmartMedia
Global Admin
Global Admin

Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:45 am

Roman294 wrote:
DarianJ wrote:
Getsmartmedia wrote:8) I made this video to show people how to downgrade from version 2.2 back to 2.1 and stop the updater https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbdK0ndoAm4
I hope this helps everyone who has issues.
Big props to GetSmartMedia for a great video on how to recover to a functional version. One tweak I made was to rename the FirmwareUpdater file, as opposed to deleting it, which also effectively shuts down the OTA Matricom updater service.

Thanks but no thanks, Matricom. I will voluntarily update my box when new FW versions are actually stable. You have lost that privilege on my network.
Im running 2.2 rooted and its as smooth as can be other than not having nav keys and status bar for notifications witch i know they will fix im as happy as i can be! chrome,spotify,kodi,netflix,playstore running smooth!

Thanks for the props

kct

Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:15 am

OpticalGuard wrote:
kct wrote:Really???

It has been passed 1.5 months and this company couldn't send one update to fix at least the major issue with the power button? If they cannot release a new version, why don't they rename the old version to a new one and give it again over the air? I don't want to do all the procedure manually. It is just simple for them to release an OTA update with the previous version.

All of this shows to us that they are not responsible and they don't respect their customers!!!
The G-Box Q was made to always be on, so the power button function isn't as high a priority. Though the next update will still adjust that so that you can once again turn off the G-Box with the controller.
This is the most unprofessional answer you could give!

Two points:

1. You created a product with the ability to be turned off from his own remote control and you answer to your customer that it is designed to stay always on!

2. Did you try to control this box through HDMI-CEC (fyi this is a function that your product support)??? If you will not turn off the device, the next time you will turn on your TV, the box cannot be controlled by HDMI-CEC. This is another bug your product has from the beginning but we solve this by turn your product off before we turn off the TV and everything is fine! Now, with the unfortunate update you release you removed even this capability.

So, are you going to act as professional and give a permanent solution to your customers or not? If the problem is that you don't have an android developer (as I can assume from the ad in the forum), then just rename the old stable version to a new version and pass it to your customers. At least you will give a temporary solution to your unsatisfied customers!

Mrflip

Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:59 am

justauser wrote:
maxasecas wrote:I was surprised by this update too. I can't "turn off" the box with the power button but that really doesn't bother me since the only thing that actually was turning off before was the bue light.
But THE WHITE BARS IN KODI VIDEO ARE ANNOYING to say the least. Changing the screen resolution I got to notice that the video has a transaparent background and what is actually showing is the start up screen with the matricom logo on white. How can that be fixed? Can yoU at least tell me were this screen is so I can replace it with a black background?
You can ZOOM out/in from the G-Box Settings screen, Quick Settings, Display Settings, Screen Position. That fixes the White Lines on the top and/or sides. What's interesting is if you set this up in the beginning using the same tool, it's not right and you get the lines. I found the best way is to play a show with the white lines showing and adjust it.

HI... I am having the same problem and appreciate very much your help. Trying to follow your directions but not having much success. I wonder if you could just take me through step-by-step. Much appreciated!

justauser

Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:17 pm

Mrflip wrote:
justauser wrote:
maxasecas wrote:I was surprised by this update too. I can't "turn off" the box with the power button but that really doesn't bother me since the only thing that actually was turning off before was the bue light.
But THE WHITE BARS IN KODI VIDEO ARE ANNOYING to say the least. Changing the screen resolution I got to notice that the video has a transaparent background and what is actually showing is the start up screen with the matricom logo on white. How can that be fixed? Can yoU at least tell me were this screen is so I can replace it with a black background?
You can ZOOM out/in from the G-Box Settings screen, Quick Settings, Display Settings, Screen Position. That fixes the White Lines on the top and/or sides. What's interesting is if you set this up in the beginning using the same tool, it's not right and you get the lines. I found the best way is to play a show with the white lines showing and adjust it.

HI... I am having the same problem and appreciate very much your help. Trying to follow your directions but not having much success. I wonder if you could just take me through step-by-step. Much appreciated!
It's hard to walk you through as I downgraded my boxes back down to 2.1 (I couldn't take it anymore) so I don't have the version to go through with you. You might consider that as it doesn't look like Matricom will be fixing this anytime soon. There is an easy to follow video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbdK0ndoAm4

One change I made was instead of deleting the updater file, I just renamed it to .org . Also, I didn't install SuperUser, not really needed for what I do. At least the box is locked on 2.1. Good Luck

tornicade

Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:13 pm

I was able to get my mcally webcam to work. nice framework update.

seancur

Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:22 pm

At this point, I haven't done anything to fix the remote that will not turn off the box. Should I just wait till a fix or should I go down to 2.1? Is it worth my while? Thanks for the advice.
Sean

wildbug123
Baby Member
Baby Member

Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Hey everyone, currently running 1.3 FW
1)How's the overall stablilty, as far as any crashes or major issues?
2) Before I rolled back, I was trying one of the early 2.0 firmwares post the 1.4 build. But it had issues when trying to upload to one of my 9 Network Storage Devices. Within Filezilla, I was only able to access two of my 9 hard drives. I think it recognized them as UDisk 1 and UDisk 2.
Is that an issue anymore?
3) What Android Operating System is the Firmware?
Thanks

ikyemike

Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:52 am

Hi,

Does anyone here know how I can enable notification/status bar in the beta firmware 2.2.1? After a successful OTA update to version 2.2.1 am unable to see my Notification bar. The box is as dormant as a piece of wood without the Notification/Status bar.

Lastly, I wish to say that this beta version is not anything near what Marticom is Known or stand for. It completely ruins my box with regards to video streaming quality, and navigation compares with the previous version.

Thanks

Ikyemike

GetSmartMedia
Global Admin
Global Admin

Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:56 am

I suggest returning to firmware 2.1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbdK0ndoAm4 i made this video showing you how to downgrade. ;D

a_rene7230
Baby Member
Baby Member

Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:54 am

I guess it is best that I stay on 1.3 firmware. Sounds like a nightmare with the power button.

GetSmartMedia
Global Admin
Global Admin

Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:32 pm

2.1 is good. the only thing i dont like about that firmware is that you cant change the default launcher.

coasterman

Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:09 pm

Getsmartmedia wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:32 pm
2.1 is good. the only thing i dont like about that firmware is that you cant change the default launcher.
I use Nova Launcher and it works fine

cabot

Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:40 am

the white bars are a pain and here is what you can do about it. All the ones that downgraded didn't have to do that. I couldn't believe this worked when I read it and then tried it. Simply open a video file with 4K player, I played one that was 30 seconds long... then close it, open kodi and try it again... white lines are gone. But if you reboot the G-Box, you will have to do this again. It's a quick fix till the bug is officialy fixed.

• Information