OpenELEC

Moderator: Global Moderator

Forum rules
Here you can discuss and assist with Linux builds for the MX2.

Matricom Technical Support cannot assist with Linux builds.
martinconroy
Baby Member
Baby Member

Wed May 11, 2016 10:17 am

Yes - to be honest, my MX boxes are sat in a cupboard as I'm now just using cheap mini-pcs which can be updated in time. However, useful to see development is continuing and may set up for the kids when it catches up to 6.95 or so.

jackman

Fri May 20, 2016 9:15 am

hi :'(

i made a mess of my mx box i followed the instructions >>> For new installations from Android Recovery - https://github.com/codesnake/OpenELEC.t ... -5.0.3.zip from codesnakes original post and the update at first seemed to have worked

after rebooting

the box came up with mx linux boot logo then after a short time it was replaced with the openelec boot logo, it continued to load the openelec software until writing at the top (which i should have written down but didnt STUPID) but i remember the first line mentioned debugging and the 2nd line fail or error

i left the box on for about an hour whilst i watched tv, then went back to it and it had stalled at that screen with the 2 lines of txt at the top left hand corner

i pulled the power lead out and reinserted it but the mx box fails to load openelec or anything infact it doesnt even register with the tv via the hdmi leads, it also doesnt load the recovery via the toothpic button press and power lead entry

can anyone tell me where i have went wrong or show me how to get the box back up and running

thank you

first time poster

martinconroy
Baby Member
Baby Member

Fri May 20, 2016 9:19 am

jackman wrote:hi :'(

i made a mess of my mx box i followed the instructions >>> For new installations from Android Recovery - https://github.com/codesnake/OpenELEC.t ... -5.0.3.zip from codesnakes original post and the update at first seemed to have worked

after rebooting

the box came up with mx linux boot logo then after a short time it was replaced with the openelec boot logo, it continued to load the openelec software until writing at the top (which i should have written down but didnt STUPID) but i remember the first line mentioned debugging and the 2nd line fail or error

i left the box on for about an hour whilst i watched tv, then went back to it and it had stalled at that screen with the 2 lines of txt at the top left hand corner

i pulled the power lead out and reinserted it but the mx box fails to load openelec or anything infact it doesnt even register with the tv via the hdmi leads, it also doesnt load the recovery via the toothpic button press and power lead entry

can anyone tell me where i have went wrong or show me how to get the box back up and running

thank you

first time poster

Hi,
In my experience you have to go through a process of gradually updating the Matricom builds from the earliest, and THEN installing OpenElec. Can't recall the exact order, but sure it will be in some earlier posts.

Tedly002

Sun May 22, 2016 1:27 am

@ martinconroy,

Re-install Matricom 1.15 (do a factory reset/wipe x3 and clear cache x3), then reinstall 1.16 (do a factory reset/wipe x3 and clear cache x3) to get your box back in order and working again. Then, install Openelec again. That should get you going. You need to go back to 1.15 and work your way back up. It will unclobber your box for you.

martinconroy
Baby Member
Baby Member

Sun May 22, 2016 6:24 am

Tedly002 wrote:@ martinconroy,

Re-install Matricom 1.15 (do a factory reset/wipe x3 and clear cache x3), then reinstall 1.16 (do a factory reset/wipe x3 and clear cache x3) to get your box back in order and working again. Then, install Openelec again. That should get you going. You need to go back to 1.15 and work your way back up. It will unclobber your box for you.
Thanks Tedly002. There you go jackman - that's the info you need :)

startreksuite

Sat May 28, 2016 8:36 am

I figure I would put up a link to the update of openelec for the mx2, since Luddite's link is down https://github.com/codesnake/OpenELEC.t ... -6.0.3.tar. I know people have had good luck with 6.0.1, has 6.0.3 presented any issues, or is it fine to install? I might set it up this morning. I have Specto installed as an add on, and for some reason the trakt manager isn't showing up in the context menu, but works fine in my other machines (android phone and windows pc) running 16.1. I believe it's the version of kodi that is the issue, since I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, even deleting the addon data, and it still doesn't work.
Thanks in advance.

Luddite

Tue May 31, 2016 12:42 am

One issue I've found with 6.0.3 is that sometimes when it's let sit and I switch the hdmi external to a different one for a while when I switch back to the MX2 external I've got a black screen like its in standby and I and need to reboot the box. Happens at least once an evening. I can't remember this happening on the previous version.

startreksuite

Tue May 31, 2016 6:38 am

Thanks Luddite. Not a deal breaker. I don't know anything about the version directly before, but that issue doesn't happen in 5.95.

Luddite

Tue May 31, 2016 6:57 am

startreksuite wrote:Thanks Luddite. Not a deal breaker. I don't know anything about the version directly before, but that issue doesn't happen in 5.95.
No problem, i really should roll back but i never think of it!.
Just rolled back to 5.95.5 and ill see will that stop it happening.
Last edited by Luddite on Tue May 31, 2016 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

XxRaVeNxX

Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:55 pm

startreksuite wrote:I figure I would put up a link to the update of openelec for the mx2, since Luddite's link is down https://github.com/codesnake/OpenELEC.t ... -6.0.3.tar. I know people have had good luck with 6.0.1, has 6.0.3 presented any issues, or is it fine to install? I might set it up this morning. I have Specto installed as an add on, and for some reason the trakt manager isn't showing up in the context menu, but works fine in my other machines (android phone and windows pc) running 16.1. I believe it's the version of kodi that is the issue, since I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, even deleting the addon data, and it still doesn't work.
Thanks in advance.
Thanks for this....came back to this site...just for the update.

Configuring this to my give to my mom...haven't used this box since Plex Media Server came out on PS4

Tedly002

Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:14 pm

Anyone tried any of the Justme ROMS on there MX2 or MXQ's? Link: https://justmeroms.com/
Let me know how they work for you if you have tried any of them...

startreksuite

Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:00 am

Here's a link to 15.2 Isengard, and another dev did a build of 16 jarvis. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-sup ... 5595443935
Wanted to add another mx2 openelec build I found on freaktab, which will now give us..... Kodi Jarvis! The only downside I have heard is that it may cause freezing on those using their gboxes wirelessly.
Here's the link, and a big shout out to Nemsis7272, who did this fork.
https://mega.nz/#!Yd5HhSIZ!BPv_AvYiwRMl ... S0dNs6I8Zg
Also, make sure you update to 6.0.3 before installing this update, or it will fail with a checksum error.

skurvish

Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:28 am

Here is a link to LibreElec 8.01 and Kodi 17.1 for the MX2. Works very well. Please note instructions about the disk label.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-7169.html

Luddite

Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:27 am

Guys, great breakthrough we have 17.1 Krypton!
If you have any MX2 with codesnakes openelec running to update to 17.1 Krypton(April 1st build) then all you need to do is ssh(i used PuTTy) the following code

Code:
tune2fs -L LIBREELEC_DISK /dev/data

After you ssh the above code then simply drop the latest .TAR update for existing installations into your update folder as usual and reboot and you have 17.1!
Works great!. Im just passing it on as im sure some of you will appreciate knowing there is an update and a simple one at that, all credit to KOPRajs on the link below

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-4858.html

He explains it on page4 for someone who wrote they had codesnakes openelec image already.

EDIT: Just to say i was on codesnakes 6.0.3 before i did this so if you want to be on the safe side its no harm to make sure your on 6.0.3

DYuka

Wed May 17, 2017 3:21 pm

Great news for sure. The Mx2 just refuses to be put out to pasture, lol. I haven't tried it yet but will soon. Meantime 6.0.3 is working good here.

• Information