Firmware Update for the Q

This forum is used to discuss the G-PAD Q

Moderators: Matricom Guru, Global Moderator

Forum rules
If you need direct assistance from Matricom Technical Support you can e-mail a support agent directly via the e-mail support@matricom.net
zanette
Baby Member
Baby Member

Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:03 am

dhartwig wrote:
zanette wrote:
ledcat wrote:
When I updated to 2.1.1, pressing the power button brings up a prompt for restart, if I hit the power button again unit shuts down and led goes off. If I hit the enter button after pressing the power button once unit restarts. I don't quite understand this, but that is how mine is working.

Weird, I don't get a prompt at all. It's like we're on different firmwares. ???
Sorry if I missed it but has anyone confirmed which Q box there using with these updates. Thinking Q1 and Q2 are giving different iresults with these updates. Hence the problems some ppl are having and others not so much. It may be a good idea to start a separate thread for the Q2 to isolate these problems to specific boxex.

That could be it. Mine is the original Q box (Q1 I guess)

bigdaddy

Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:49 pm

tautog wrote:
bigdaddy wrote:So, all seems to be working okay with all the updates except the sd card slot will not recognize an sd card. Any fix for this yet?

I, along with some others, have had success with this: SDFix: KitKat Writable MicroSD on Google play. Or for fun you can add it manually.
Make sure you reboot box after you are done.

Thanks. That fixed it. I do have another question. I have an external hard drive connected via USB. I cannot transfer filed from my device storage, sd card or network drive to the connected hard drive via the kodi file manager. Is there something I'm missing?

tautog

Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:43 pm

bigdaddy wrote:
tautog wrote:
bigdaddy wrote:So, all seems to be working okay with all the updates except the sd card slot will not recognize an sd card. Any fix for this yet?

I, along with some others, have had success with this: SDFix: KitKat Writable MicroSD on Google play. Or for fun you can add it manually.

Thanks. That fixed it. I do have another question. I have an external hard drive connected via USB. I cannot transfer filed from my device storage, sd card or network drive to the connected hard drive via the kodi file manager. Is there something I'm missing?
I plugged in a external HD to see what I could do. So I copied a file but then saw no paste function. But it did add the file to the root of the HD. Maybe someone else can jump in here. I have never tried to anything like this. I just needed he write function to do backups. I did go back to the launcher and used file browser to copy and paste a file, so that works.

Ratskin
Baby Member
Baby Member

Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:03 pm

tautog wrote:
bigdaddy wrote:
tautog wrote:

I plugged in a external HD to see what I could do. So I copied a file but then saw no paste function. But it did add the file to the root of the HD. Maybe someone else can jump in here. I have never tried to anything like this. I just needed he write function to do backups. I did go back to the launcher and used file browser to copy and paste a file, so that works.
Download ES File Explorer (free) from the Google Play Store. Once installed open it up and navigate to your external HD. Click on NEW at the bottom and create a new file or folder. You should be prompted at that time to select the root of the drive you are writing to. Do so and the permissions should be automatically granted.

kbeam4

Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:46 am

Apps on the home page are dead now. Do these idiots thing everyone are IT's wanting to endlessly tinker with a system that was working fine before the powers that be decided to basically brick it remotely?

MeToe

Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:39 pm

So I'm new to the gbox, & android but have enough experience as a tech to understand, troubleshoot, etc. I recently updated the firmware on my Q from 1.4 to 2.1.1, to fix an issue with the videos always being stretched. Tada! All fixed, loved it. BUT Wait... now I have a new & frustrating problem.. my power button on the remote doesn't work.... I can't turn it on with the remote, any remote (Harmony Live hub was also able to power it). I have to manually unplug the device & plug it back in for the box to turn on, once it's on the remote(s) all work no problem... but talk about irritating. I'm considering downgrading the firmware back down to before all my problems started, ie 1.3.1 Can someone else suggest another action instead? I really like the new update, and would prefer to solve this issue instead of downgrading. I've done a factory reset but that just wiped the apps, data etc but left the 5.1.1 android & 2.1.1 firmware in service. I should also point out now, after doing the factory reset I can't change the time, I can't set it, and I can't fix my date (which says its December 31 1969 ::) ??? )

Any assistance would be great, as I'm quickly losing patience for this box... and thats saying a lot for me, I can usually troubleshoot & fix most of my tech problems in a day... this is going on a week.. and I give up.

Can someone point me in the right direction for the firmware download 1.3.1? I've tried following the links that dhartwig posted, on his drop box, but the downloads all "failed" to download.

dhartwig

Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:32 pm

MeToe wrote:So I'm new to the gbox, & android but have enough experience as a tech to understand, troubleshoot, etc. I recently updated the firmware on my Q from 1.4 to 2.1.1, to fix an issue with the videos always being stretched. Tada! All fixed, loved it. BUT Wait... now I have a new & frustrating problem.. my power button on the remote doesn't work.... I can't turn it on with the remote, any remote (Harmony Live hub was also able to power it). I have to manually unplug the device & plug it back in for the box to turn on, once it's on the remote(s) all work no problem... but talk about irritating. I'm considering downgrading the firmware back down to before all my problems started, ie 1.3.1 Can someone else suggest another action instead? I really like the new update, and would prefer to solve this issue instead of downgrading. I've done a factory reset but that just wiped the apps, data etc but left the 5.1.1 android & 2.1.1 firmware in service. I should also point out now, after doing the factory reset I can't change the time, I can't set it, and I can't fix my date (which says its December 31 1969 ::) ??? )

Any assistance would be great, as I'm quickly losing patience for this box... and thats saying a lot for me, I can usually troubleshoot & fix most of my tech problems in a day... this is going on a week.. and I give up.

Can someone point me in the right direction for the firmware download 1.3.1? I've tried following the links that dhartwig posted, on his drop box, but the downloads all "failed" to download.
Try installing 1.4, then install 1.3 then 1.3.1...... this is the reason why I am staying on 1.3.1 it's been stable for me and haven't had Any issues at all.

jhalmos

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:17 am

This Box was always a minimal effort hack. Left for dead.

• Information