[Firmware 2.2.1 Revision 1530] Q Update (Beta) Manual Install

This forum is used to discuss the G-PAD Q

Moderators: Matricom Guru, Global Moderator

Forum rules
If you need direct assistance from Matricom Technical Support you can e-mail a support agent directly via the e-mail support@matricom.net
OpticalGuard
Administrator
Administrator

Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:05 am

Required for this process,

G-box Q/Q²
An empty SD card (formatted to FAT32 with at least 2 GB of memory and no more than 32 GB of memory)
Computer with SD card slot
Google Chrome browser (using Internet Explorer or safari to download these files can cause complications with this process)
First start by downloading the firmware files. You can download the firmware by clicking each file individually.

File 1 (AML script)
File 2 (2.1.1 Firmware file)
File 3 (Recovery Image)

Once you have downloaded the three files, you will copy and paste them onto your empty SD card.
(there must be no other files on the SD card, and the zipped files must remain zipped)
  • After you have placed the three files onto your SD card, you will begin the toothpick method.
    Disconnect power from G-box Q².

Insert SD card with firmware files into card slot on the side of your G-box Q².

Insert toothpick or similar object into "reset" hole on the back of your G-box Q², until you feel a click.

Once you feel the click of the reset button, Hold it down with toothpick while reconnecting the power to your G-box Q².
    (you will hold this down for roughly 20-30 seconds or until you see your screen change.)
This should complete the 2.1.1 manual firmware reflash on your G-box Q/Q²

tautog

Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:12 pm

Loaded this firmware 3 days ago from the Matricom Wiki page. Didn't use the Aml but it ran fine with out it.
Box works great. Mine has always powered off and it still does after 2 years. Put my Kill-A-Watt on it and it reads .01A in standby(led off) .04A with led on and .07A when I am watching something. Loaded Amazon Prime just to see if it works and it does. Also I am running Kodi 17 RC3. So far so good.

gunpoint69

Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:14 am

Installed reboot the system for first boot and go threw the setup gives me the ok get box is now setup completely then the screen flashes grey then black and it stays like that for approximately 2-3 min
Then the Oscar flashes up to the main screen asking if you want to see the tutorial then bang frozen for 4 min unlocks as soon as you touch a button it freezes again for 4 min the screen flashes black this happened 6 times before I could get it to reboot
Upon rebooting the device locked up again displaying you have no Internet connection.
This was my second attempt
The first attempt I lost all remote functions had to unplug the unit to find the same issue on bootup third attempt was the worst with factory reset black screen evert 2 min.
If u hit the home button black screen for 2.min
Then I hit back and it locks up again
This is terrible very glitch
Done with 2 fresh installs and 1 factory reboot

barryjb

Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:51 pm

Installed 2.2.1 r1530 over 2.2.1 r1508 on my Q2:
- If i turn the box off with remote power button the box turns off but when i try to turn the box back on the led lights up but the tv screen stays blank and i have to unplug / re plug power to start up again.
- If i toggle the led in portal settings, the led shuts off but if i try toggle it on again the led lights up and the tv screen goes blank, once again have to pull power cord to reboot.
- Lan connection does not always connect at startup or after reboot, sometimes need another boot, r1530.
- Express VPN app has not worked properly with any matricom launchers / portals, if while in the expressvpn app i hit back on the remote or esc on the keyboard it looks like expressvpn has closed but i cannot access any other apps, have to alt tab and swipe expressvpn off to access other apps, but if running expressvpn and hit home then it closes and i can access other apps. There is no problem running expressvpn with the nova launcher installed as default on Q2 and i have no problem with expressvpn on my MXQ Pro.
- I have rolled back the beta by installing 2.2.1 r1508 over 2.2.1 r1530, still have to use nova launcher to avoid conflicts with apps and matricom portal/launcher.
- 2.2.1 r1508 the remote power works properly.
- I Hate the weather app in the portal, it just looks stupid sitting there in the middle of my screen, whats the point ? At least make it so one can turn the weather widget off and just have a nice background pic on the desk top.
- Kodi works fine with 2.2.1 r1508
- In advanced settings, more settings, Apps, when first starting the apps section the box can lock up to the point that the power cord has to be pulled to reboot. 2.2.1 r1508 and 2.2.1 r1530.
- Home screen should have the date below the time, i dont know why we have to look at Matricom with the time, we know where we bought the GBox Q2 from.
Thnx

laxamar

Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:59 pm

I use an external USB wireless keyboard - Logitech K400r.

1. If I use the remote to power the screen down and restart, all USB features are disabled. Can't use external keyboard anymore, short of a power cycle.
2. Related to LED Toggle - If I use LED Toggle, USB keyboard disabled also.
3. The power button on the external keyboard does not work

Samora
Mood:

Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:40 pm

Thanks
Last edited by Samora on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

janesaam
Mood:

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:13 am

File 1 (AML script)
File 2 (2.1.1 Firmware file)
File 3 (Recovery Image)
Samora, at first, I too was unable to download them completely. Later I checked my Internet connection and restarted my device. That worked for me. I also needed it for my work or you can go to moviehd apk blog for android latest versions. After I tried it once again, everything was good. I suggest you to do the same and try again. Hope this helps, do let me know how it worked for you. Thanks!

Mauldin

Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:16 am

I want to install [Firmware 2.2.1 Revision 1530] Q Update (Beta) but i can't find software online. Even it went to software website home page but in there i can get this software without key. And without key, i can't use its all function. So i keep searching for it and after very long search i got your post in which you have also posted its key. Thank you so much.

• Information