[Firmware 2.2.1 build 1574] Q2 Manual Install

This forum is used to discuss the G-PAD Q

Moderators: Matricom Guru, Global Moderator

Forum rules
If you need direct assistance from Matricom Technical Support you can e-mail a support agent directly via the e-mail support@matricom.net
GetSmartMedia
Global Admin
Global Admin

Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:49 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbdK0ndoAm4&t=630s
This video has links and will show you step by step
rickochet2 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:12 pm
rickochet2 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:46 pm
I have been attempting to update to 1574 from 1507 for months.

I cannot get into the bootloader. I used the cut qtip to depress the button inside.

Here are my steps.
1. Unplug Q
2. Insert SDCard
3. Depress button until I hear click
4. While holding button plug Q in
5. Hold button and pray that I get into the bootloader and not to the same old white splash screen.
6. Release button, hear click of release.
7. Repeat all steps above like an insane person b/c I expect something to miraculously change.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Or is it the system, the firmware, or a combination of us all.
After, what must have been. 30+ attempts I finally got into the bootloader. I attempted to install from the sdcard and I got an error.
e: footer is wrong
e: signature verification failed
Installation aborted.
e: cannot load volume/misc!

I d/l the file from the wiki page. Attempted to d/l file from this thread but received an error. I already had the file on my comp but tried the newer d/l.

What do I do now?
GET SMART MEDIA WORLDWIDE
Matricom Customer Support
USA

Roman294

Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:49 pm

Try the factory reset option in settings menu and then install the 3 files by itself in SD card only.

Roman294

Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:14 pm

pitzbury wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:06 am
ThisGuy03 wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:56 pm
BrianKlip wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:51 pm

uninstall play store app. It will just revert to the original version and relaunch playstore. Apps should update now
How do you uninstall the play store from the box?
I have the same problem here and I don't know how to uninstall it , since its a system app, it doesn't let me the choice of uninstall play store app. Someone have found a way to resolve it?
1.Make sure your box is rooted by using root checker app or apk 2. Download titanium app or apk and then freeze the play store with titanium. 3.google playstore .4.Download the newest play store apk and then install.

Roman294

Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:41 pm

bahus wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 4:23 am
Hi guys. I'm new with this box (Matricom G Q1) and I have it with this latest firmware 2.2.1 build 1574. Could you please clarify a few things:

1) Is it rooted? It's not rooted for me and I didn't find any option to enable root. Is there any way to get root?
2) I see no SPDIF output in audio settings (only PCM and HDMI). Is something wrong with my firmware? I'm trying to set up audio pass-through via optical connection.
3) Is there a way to make work auto frame rate (at least for Kodi/SPMC)?

If all of this problems specific to this firmware can you suggest one (Android 5 based) with working audio SPDIF pass-through, auto frame-rate and root. Thank you!
Is your box is rooted if not maybe i can help?

kadyj426
Mood:

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:42 am

Those download links won't work for me >:(

Dudelin
Mood:

Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:53 pm

Anyone have a link for the "factory update param aml".
Unable to find it anywhere except one much older version.
When I updated to 2.2.1 with toothpick method I got stuck -
Non Matricom devise - meaning the launcher ! Can't get past it.
Maybe the Aml file will.
Also still Volume /Misc, but it did finally load kind of sucessfully <G>
Been trying for weeks/months. Somebody help??? Tks!!!

GetSmartMedia
Global Admin
Global Admin

Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:47 am

BrianKlip wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:13 am
Successfully updated firmware to 2.2.1 build 1574. G-Box Q² seems stable and apps are working well.

However, issues that i am having so far:

> Home button not working. This is the biggest issue as i cannot quickly minimize apps and goto another or go to the home screen.
> Programmable button not working, or cannot be programmed.
> Startup sound way too loud.
You need to hold the home button for 5 seconds for it to take you to the home screen. I agree that the sound is a bit loud on boot however you only really have to go through that if you unplug the unit.
GET SMART MEDIA WORLDWIDE
Matricom Customer Support
USA

tjgdjn

Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:11 pm

I clicked on using the Matricom launcher instead of home portal and it keeps telling me Non Matricom device connected and I can't get it back to change the default because I selected use always. How do i change the launcher?

Dudelin
Mood:

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:47 am

tjgdjn - First let me say that IVE GOT 2.2.1 GOING, including the POWER OFF button (although when I go to settings and click on remote it is turned off ! ? )

Had the same problem with launcher - SHEESH !- finally figured out the fix:

Click off, possibly a long press. You want the screen to say "power off".
Then long press OK = reboot to safe mode ? Click OK to get into Safe Mode.
Click on settings, then advanced, Matricom launcher, clear defaults, back out to settings and reboot.

Should come up with the screen with two launchers - pick Home Portal, once.
I suppose if you pick always & wish to change launcher later you can get back to this screen
and change it by clearing defaults again. I tried the Matricom launcher again as supposed to be good,
but got the same error message.

Post if this works for you, Dudelin

A1cellphones

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:24 pm

ImageI have done the toothpick method three times now and still my wifi won't go above 30mbps on this device. If I connect to my vpn I'm lucky to get 10mbps. On all my other devices in my house the are going 60-70mbps download and 5-8mbps upload. I go to the updater app and it says error 1003. I'm gonna delete the sd card and reformat it and put the files back on and try to reinstall. If not I will have to change devices. Can't upload a picture of the upgrade

stephenr

Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:25 am

Please help..
The two links mentioned in here viewtopic.php?t=46144
do not work, how can I access them please.

• Information