Matricom Q3 - Kodi Issues

Post your suggestions, thoughts, and get help with your products.

Moderators: Matricom Guru, Global Moderator

rbruss
Mood:

Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:15 pm

Hi all,

So i have had the Q3 for about 1 month now and since a clean install of Kodi I am having serious buffering issues. Video stops playing after less than 1 minute, however audio keeps going. If any video/TV Show is paused it causes the whole system to crash. I have deactivated all hardware acceleration.

I have downgraded Kodi to Ver 17.3/4/5 and then back up to 18.1. Still no luck, even tried a new build on the backend called Kryptic. Nothing seems to help.

I have since installed Kodi on my laptop running windows 7, 64bit and not a single issue, this leads me to believe something wrong with either video codecs or hardware on the Q3. Any others experiencing the same or is this issue isolated?

It does not matter which front end I use, whether it be primewire/Covenant etc.......

Anyone.....who can assist?

Also bizaare is that the back button on the new remote does not go back on Kodi anymore..............

silk42

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:09 pm

I had similar issues on the Q3 on multiple boxes. I tried many different fixes, but in the end, I installed Kodi 16.1 and the problem went away.

• Information